The TNT Wellness Facebook Group was buzzing about Gluten Free options in 2020-2021. We compiled a list of our clients’ favorite brands and recipes!
Do I need to eat Gluten-Free?
Gluten is a protein found in wheat, barley, and rye products. Some people get sick when eating gluten. Symptoms include gas, pain, and bloating. Celiac disease, gluten intolerance, and gluten sensitivity are all reasons why someone may benefit from a gluten-free diet.
Talk to your doctor before going gluten-free because he or she may want to run some tests. You can also get a Wheat Zoomer test performed at TNT.
It’s important to work with a registered dietitian or health educator when eliminating any kind of food from the diet. In the case of going gluten-free, your dietitian or health educator can help you learn which foods to avoid and what to replace them with so that you still get your daily needs of vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates, and calories.
Top DIY Recipes
- 3 Ingredient Healthy Brownies made from bananas, almond butter, and cocoa powder
- Ultimate Banana Pancakes made from buckwheat flour
- From the Ground Up Cinnamon Butternut Squash Stalks Angela likes to pair them with a turkey stick, nuts, or an apple. Get them at Earthfare.
- Good & Gather Date and Nut Mini Bars from Target
- Real Coconut Try their Grain Free Tortilla Chips from Publix
- The GFB (Gluten Free Bites) comes in lots of different flavors like Coconut Cashew, Chocolate, Cherry Almond, and Peanut Butter. Find them at CVS, Kroger, or Publix
- Be in Your Element Milk Chocolate Dipped Rice Cakes from Kroger, Harris Teeter, and Vitacost
Top Condiments and Sauces
- FODY Foods Salsa and Taco Sauce. FODY also has snacks, sauces and marinades, salad dressings, and oils and spices. Find them on Thrive Market.
- Prego Farmers Market Gluten Free Tomato Sauce. Find it at Walmart and Kroger.
Top Baked Goods & Wraps
- Simple Mills Almond Flour Banana Muffin & Bread Baking Mix Total Nutrition Technology’s President & Founder, Angela, loves to make them with protein powder and blueberries (or chocolate chips for the kids!). Find Simple Mills at Target, Thrive Market, Walmart, and Harris Teeter.
- Plantpower Sandwich Thins from Whole Foods
- BFree Quinoa and Chia Seed Wraps. Find BFree products at Walmart, Kroger, and Amazon.
- Crepini Egg Wraps with Cauliflower. Find them at Walmart and Amazon
- Blaze Pizza Cauliflower Crust or Keto Crust TNT’s Vice President of Business Development recommends Blaze Pizza for Gluten Free Options. “The Cauliflower Crust is pretty good.”
Top Easy Meals
- Explore Cuisine Organic Bean Pastas find at Amazon, Walmart, Publix, and Whole Foods.
- Plant Based Protein Loma Chipotle Bowl find at Target and Amazon
- Lightlife Plant Based Burger. The products made from a gluten-free facility are labeled “Gluten Free”. Some products are naturally made without gluten but may not be labeled “Gluten Free” due to potential of cross contamination. Find Lightlife at Target, Food Lion, Walmart, and Amazon.
- Live G Free Gluten Free Chicken Breast Bites from Instacart and ALDI
Join us Online!
The TNT Wellness Facebook Group is where our community and fellow wellness industry professionals keep Charlotte and beyond healthy! Join to find nutrition, health and workout tips, amazing recipes, live yoga, meditation, and workout sessions!