What are Bioidentical Hormones?
Bioidentical hormones work like nature intended unlike synthetic hormones which can cause cancer and heart disease. Bioidentical hormones are absorbed safely and can treat andropause or menopause symptoms with no harmful side effects.
BHRT CAN HELP IF YOU SUFFER FROM THE FOLLOWING:
Low Sex Drive
MEET OUR BHRT TEAM LEADS:
Dr. Farris and TNT Founder/Integrative Funtional Dietitian, Angela Wilkinson
Dr. Gerard Farris, a graduate of the LSU School of Medicine. Dr. Farris continued his studies and is one of a very few Physicians in the Charlotte area who is Board Certified in Anti-Aging and Regenerative Medicine.
Angela Wilkinson, RD, LDN, CSSD is a Registered Licensed Dietitian, Board Certified Sports Dietitian and Integrative Functional Medicine Dietitian. She specializes in helping individuals with hormone inbalances, weight loss, manage their health and enhance sports performance.
Facts About Bioidentical Hormones:
1. Bioidentical hormones are the safest and most effective way to treat menopause and andropause symptoms. Because bioidentical hormones are molecularly identical to your body’s own natural hormones, they fit the hormone receptors in your body like a key fitting into a lock. When administered correctly, they will work exactly as nature intended, with no detrimental consequences.
2. Synthetic hormones are not identical to natural hormones and will not be absorbed properly by hormone receptors. Synthetic hormones can cause increased risk of cancer and other side effects. For example, the synthetic hormone progestin commonly found in birth control, has been linked to breast cancer in women.
3. Not all bioidentical hormone treatments are created equal. In order for treatment to be safe and effective, the bioidentical hormones must be administered as part of a quality treatment protocol that includes:
- Treatment for all hormones affecting aging
- Personalized dosages tailored to your exact needs
- Safe delivery methods
- Ongoing lab testing and monitoring
- Oversight by a board-certified doctor
At TNT, our bioidentical hormone therapy includes these safeguards and more. Using the results of lab tests and your description of your symptoms, we’ll work hard to optimize your hormone levels so you can look and feel your best. Treatment is always convenient. With the exception of a few initial office visits, you can self-administer your treatment at home. Unlike some treatment providers, we don’t just write you a prescription and abandon you. Instead, we will stay in close communication with you to make sure your treatment remains safe and effective. We are always available to answer questions and make any necessary adjustments to your treatment.
WE DON’T JUST BALANCE YOUR HORMONES. WE BALANCE YOUR WHOLE BODY. RECLAIM YOUR YOUTH!
Don’t forget to ask about our financing options!
Charlotte, NC 28262
YOU MAY BE FULLY COVERED
BY YOUR BCBS INSURANCE
Blue Cross Blue Shield covers Total Nutrition Technology services as a preventative healthcare service under the Healthcare Reform Act. In many cases, this can mean no co-pay, nor does a deductible need to be met. We are happy to do a complimentary eligibility check to see which services you qualify for. When calling to confirm your benefits, reference the CPT codes (97802, 97803) and the Diagnosis code (Z71.3) under the Healthcare Reform Act to find out what your specific plan may cover!