August is National Wellness Month!
It’s that time of the year again: National Wellness Month! This is a great time to pick up some healthy habits. Why wait for New Year’s resolutions when you can get ahead of the game? We’ve compiled a list of some things you can do to start living your happiest, healthiest life!
- Declutter and / or deep clean your home! Having an organized space cuts down on unnecessary stress and gives you a good place to relax.
- Take a break from social media, as much as possible. Reducing social media usage (and technology usage in general) reduces anxiety and improves the quality of sleep.
- Incorporate stretching into your daily routine. Even just ten minutes of stretching at the start of your day can improve blood flow and provide you with more energy to kickstart your day!
- Try some new healthy recipes. Not only can this be a fun activity, but it’s also good for you! Check out our previous blog post for some yummy recipe ideas, grocery list included. https://www.totalnutritiontechnologycharlotte.com/meal-prep-with-shopping-list-and-recipes/
- Drink more water. Better digestion, stable blood pressure, more energy? Yes please! Try mixing in ingredients such as citrus fruits, mint or basil, ginger, or cucumber to spice it up a bit.
- Focus on deep breathing and meditation.
- Spend more time outside. Rather it’s gardening, going for a walk or even just sitting on your porch, the benefits are countless! Better focus, vitamin D, and an increased immune system are just a few.
- Find a new hobby. Perhaps journaling for self reflection, gardening to have your own organic food source, or maybe an art form or collecting something. This can help you switch up any mundane routines you might be feeling stuck in!
It’s never too late to pick up healthier habits, but if you’re someone who often questions when the best time to start is, here’s your sign! Many of these habits take only minutes of your time, and the results will make such a difference in the quality of your life. Which of these habits will you be trying to begin throughout National Wellness Month?